6 thoughts on “Who can perform a marriage in Illinois?

• October 11, 2016 at 9:30 am

This was an accidental finding for us. But what a lifesaver! We were getting ready to book a wedding officiant after interviewing a few. We began asking some of the questions (we should have asked in the first place) and discovered the guy with the best personality was a paper minister. Thanks for the heads up. We continued our search and found a legitimate person that fit us perfectly!

• October 11, 2016 at 9:37 am

Sean, I’m glad you found this helpful. Our best to you in your life together!

• October 24, 2016 at 10:03 am

I am really ticked off! We spent an enormous amount of time trying to find a personality that fit ours. Found what we thought was the right guy. Booked him. We then decided to check the credentials of the one we hired. We discovered he’s a fake. We’re out a deposit. And we are starting our search for an officiant all over again! Thanks for the posting!!

• October 24, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Mike:

I’m sorry about your experience. Illinois is simply swamped with so many illegitimate officiants. It is unfortunate that the wool is pulled over the eyes of so many couples.

• February 25, 2016 at 3:49 pm

My fiance and I had been looking for some help sorting through all the legal wedding stuff here in Illinois when we ran across this webinar posting. It was a little long, but very informative. Thank you for saving us a lot of research and perhaps heartache here in Southern Illinois.

• February 25, 2016 at 3:54 pm

I agree. This posting was longer than the targeted Wedding Minute length. This is the reason only half of the webinar was posted. I am glad you found the posting informative. My best to both of you in your future as husband and wife!